Tuesday, December 11, 2012

2012 -- The First Year of Firsts



And so, as the year draws to a close, I am settling in nicely in my new KatCave and reflecting on the year I have just had. It’s been wonderful.  A lot of firsts this year – I feel the need to continue this in 2013, and I highly recommend it to anyone reading this!!

Went on my first proper hike this year – decided to join some friends in challenging Lions Head first thing on a Sunday morning. Lions Head saw me coming, all determined, and it laughed. Lovely hot morning, and me trying to breathe quietly while keeping up with the group, scowling at the dude showing off by RUNNING ahead and waiting at the top (superhuman @sshole)…. I didn’t manage to finish – not because I felt like I was going into cardiac arrest (which I did), but because I reached the point where a web of chains and ladders were required to reach the top and my mind deserted me and went to its Happy Place, leaving my head to be the only thing moving on my entire body – vigorously from side to side.

My very first massage!! Sweet Jesus…. First and not last!! We found a tiny place tucked away in Table View, with a very reasonable special on full body massages. So off we went – Girls Day! After the initial embarrassment of Win-The-Masseus-From-Heaven indicating to me that I need to strip down and how I am SUPPOSED to be lying we were off.  Being THAT naked caused me to attempt shy chatter (hilarious, as Win doesn’t speak English) which was abruptly brought to a halt when she was doing my stomach and said “You…holiday? Eat! Eat! Eat!” – If I wasn’t ready to fall asleep, I would have been humiliated, instead I grinned lazily and lied, saying that I was indeed on holiday. And I still left that spa with an enormous girl-crush. Win baby, you changed my life.

My first night at a Gay Club. Hooooooooweeeee…. No need to say much here, you can just imagine how much fun that was! Nobody does it quite like Cape Town does it. Do yourself a favour!! The best make-up, hair, dressed and high heels in that place were being worn by singing men. A night to remember!
My first time attending an art exhibition -- amazing!!
My first time attending a book launch -- fun :)

Then of course, this year I started studying, better late than never! Long road ahead, and I look forward to it.

I also made a new start in a new flat – clean slate, all mine, a blank canvas for some new memories in the new year.

I am really looking forward to 2013, to seeing what it holds and what new experiences it has in store, and I feel that I face it as a new person, a happier person than I was one year ago.
I encourage you to try it, and I wish everyone a grand year of firsts!


PRK

No comments:

Post a Comment