Wednesday, January 4, 2012

PRK... the Ninja??


Decided to do a cocktail night at Primi (one of many) recently…

When the bill arrived, between the three of us we were somewhat short. So my friend and I (for reasons revealed shortly, dear reader, we will call him Stuntman Mike) took a quick walk out into the mall to find an ATM.

Wellll…. Did that fresh air ever hit ME hard.

Suddenly, Stuntman Mike took off to a galloping sprint for the nearest wall and, to my absolute amazement, jumped up AGAINST it first with one foot, then even higher, with the other (for want of a better description) and landed, effortlessly, on his feet, turning and giving me a grin.

I am a little ashamed to say that I was inspired and invincible at the time (a dangerous combination) and called out in my picture perfect sobriety, “Fuck yeah!” and took off in a similar, yet somewhat less fast or impressive sprint for another wall.

*she jumps*
*one foot presses against the wall*
*she goes hurtling sideways towards the ground*

Once I was standing again…. I turned to look at the wall that defeated me. The mark from the ONE foot that actually got the wall….. was a mere 30cm above the ground.

Facepalm.



PRK

No comments:

Post a Comment